On July 1, 2015, I had just left the Indiana State Charter School Board as Executive Director, but had more than a decade of Fortune 500 marketing experience. I decided to combine those two experiences and signed the incorporation papers bringing Bright Minds Consulting (now Bright Minds Marketing) into existence. I am so grateful and thankful to those who have partnered with Bright Minds over the past two years to improve their schools’ marketing, recruitment and enrollment efforts. From an idea hatched at my kitchen table to now, Bright Minds Marketing has:
- Worked with 16 clients representing 34 schools
- Conducted over 65 focus groups with parents and students to hear about their schools
- Created 15 marketing plans for clients to help them improve their student recruitment
- Conducted 13 customer satisfaction surveys of parents, students, potential customers and staff to help clients understand critical stakeholder perceptions
- Conducted 7 secret shopper engagements to help clients understand how their competition is marketing and how their own staff is running tours and first impressions of their schools
- Presented at 6 conference or professional development training programs
- Worked with customers in 4 different states
No longer is my website, www.brightmindsmarketing.com only visited by myself, my wife, and the random person from the Ukraine, but it has grown to be a nice repository of articles and blog postings where customers can get guidance on improving their school marketing.
The most rewarding part of my job has been getting to know my customers — wonderful, dedicated people who have committed their lives to educating children. And, hearing the successes that you’ve gained from our work together – enrolling more students, gaining new insights, seeing strong signage, providing a better experience to your students and ultimately helping them achieve their educational goals. Thank you to all my clients who have placed their trust in me and my company. It has truly been my pleasure to work with you.
For those of you on my mailing list who have not engaged with Bright Minds, I would love to help your school tell its story and achieve your enrollment objectives. Give me a call or send me an email if you would like to chat.